Dating Profiles Can Be Used as Evidence in Divorce

If you are newly separated from your ex-spouse and are currently in the midst of a divorce, you are likely interested in moving on from your marriage and finding a new partner. However, since it has probably been awhile since you were last in the dating pool, it can certainly be an intimidating situation to find yourself in. Thanks to the advent of online dating sites like, many divorced people are turning to online dating as an easy way to seamlessly transition their newly single status.

Despite the fact that you are no longer romantically involved with your ex and have every right to move on, the reality is that the existence of these dating profiles are now being used in divorce proceedings more than ever. The details you divulge in your profile can be used against you in a number of ways, especially if you convey information which may be exaggerated or untrue.

The most commonly incriminating information is claims of financial earnings, or hiding the fact that you have children or are, in fact, still married. If presented to a judge, this information can adversely affect your standing in the divorce process.

Moving on following the ending of your relationship with your ex-spouse is highly encouraged, as there is no time like the present to try to start a new chapter of your life. However, at Kallen Law Firm, LLC, our St. Louis divorce attorneys advise people stay off online dating sites at least until their divorce is finalized. If this does not seem like an attractive option, remember anything and everything you post online can be used against you, especially if your divorce is particularly contentious.

Contact Our St. Louis Divorce Attorneys Today

Our team of experienced, compassionate, and dedicated St. Louis divorce attorneys of Kallen Law Firm, LLC, understand just how out of your element you must feel during this difficult time. This is why we strive to be your trusted advocates throughout your divorce transition, and we will provide you with top-notch advice so you can be informed on the best course of action to take.

Speak to a representative of our firm today by calling us at (314) 441-7793.